You now add all laborations you will have in your course.
For each administrator that should grade the lab you should fill in the Weight field. The weight values determine the distributions of the submissions. For this example, one third of all submissions will go to the first grader and two thirds to the second grader. These weights can be changed later. If an administrator should not be a grader for the lab, the weight field should be empty.
- Type: single means that the laboration is carried out individually. group means that the students carry out the laborations in groups.
- Inherit grader from: If you want that, for example, the students should have the same grader on the second laboration as they had on the first laboration you should enter 1 here. Note: A group laboration cannot inherit the grader from a single laboration.
- Allow students to choose grader: If this is set to 1, students will be able to choose their grader the first time they submit each laboration.
- Submission deadline: If set, this is the deadline for the first submission for each student/group. After a student/group has submitted a laboration this deadline is not used for that student/group. This deadline can later changed. It can also be overridden for individual students and groups.
- Final deadline: If set, this is the deadline for the last submission for each student/group. After this deadline no submissions can be made. This deadline can later changed. It can also be overridden for individual students and groups.
- Min/max members in group: Fill in these if you are adding a group laboration. These can be changed later, both globally in the system and individually for selected groups. If you want most groups to consist of two students you should set both min and max to 2 and later override the settings for the groups you want to make an exception for via the web-interface.
You can safely add new laborations after you have started using the system. To change the information for a laboration select Edit laboration.
Warning: You cannot change the single/group type of a laboration. Make sure that you select the right type when you add laboration!