The Fire lab report system
Fire is a web-based system for handling submissions and grading of student assignments created by Tobias Gedell.
Fire is maintained by Rune L, email: u+cedrift-vadp at chalmers.se .
- Easy to use for both students and graders.
- No need for lab accounts.
- Web based so it is accessible from any computer, not just the computers at school.
- Already used for several years by dozens of courses which means that it is rather stable.
- Extendible through plugins.
- The database can easily be used by programs written in any language which allows for external processing of the data.
- 2013-11-13 - Updated the documentation.
How do I install the system?
Read Installing the system in the documentation for administrators and graders.
How do I make a backup of the database?
- There is for the moment no support for extracting
the data from the database "en masse". The data resides though on
a backed up media and its former state can be recovered for the last
week's days, last month's weeks and last year's months. Send mail to the
service maintainer to get help with recovering old data if this becomes necessary.
The latest version is 2007-01-08.
New in latest version:
- Email notifications to graders are sent much more seldom.
- Block download of all submissions.
- Email is sent to added administrators.
- Graders can set priorities on submissions.
- Submission based instead of file based.
- A new web interface for the setup.
- No history limit.
- Autofocus of text fields when loading pages.
- Improved design with new CSS and new icons.
- Total rewrite of the entire system.